Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

View SQL Generated by In-DB Tools

mcarrico
9 - Comet

I would like to be able to view the SQL that a workflow leveraging In-DB tools is generating from within the Alteryx application.  I realize that I can likely get to these queries by monitoring the database, but other BI vendors (e.g. Microstrategy) allow the developer to see the SQL commands that are being generated.  This assists in areas such as benchmarking, troubleshooting, and QA.

5 REPLIES 5
Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
You can see the SQL at any point in the process by hooking up a "Dynamic Output In-DB" tool.
mcarrico
9 - Comet

Oh wow, perfect. Thank you.

timrains
8 - Asteroid

Wow! This is great! Thanks!

holmesmeyer00
5 - Atom

How do you handle all the extra code generated that contains the tool name?

ka2yee
6 - Meteoroid

@Ned,

This is great to be able to see the SQL query at any point in the process, but is there any way that if we rename the tool in the workflow (e.g. tool15 identified below) to something more customized by the user that alteryx can put it into the sql script instead so its more trackable/traceable?  Right now I have to use Ctrl F to open up the find tool window to do the tool number translation for me. 

Also, in the results output window where the sql script can be viewed is there only a set number of characters that can be displayed?  I can't seem to see all of the sql script.  Seems to cut short as indicated by the ... at the end.

WITH "Tool15_08f7" AS (SELECT * FROM "PATIENT"), "Tool14_0da3" AS (Select CLM.PID, CLM.ADMIT_DATE, CLM.DIS_DATE, CLM.AGE_YRS, CLM.GENDER_CODE, CLM...

Labels