Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Multi Row Formula To Fill with data in the row below

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

I'm wanting to take a specific fields data and fill it with the details from the row below it. I'm using the multi row tool but receiving errors.

I believe I'm doing something incorrectly within the multi row tool but not sure what the issue is. 

Example of what it looks like.

Shipment Schedule Ship Date2
15/18/2018
26/4/2017

What I want it to look like

Shipment Schedule Ship Date2
15/18/2018
15/18/2018
26/4/2017
26/4/2017

I'm working in the new version of Alteryx 2018.2

3 REPLIES 3
danrh
13 - Pulsar

There are likely different ways to do this, but I would suggest reversing the order first, as the Multi-Row Formula tool works top to bottom:

image.png

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

@danrh awesome that worked! 

What I'm running into now is if a shipment doesn't have a scheduled ship date2 to fill from above it's taking the scheduled ship date2 from the shipment before. What I want it to show is null or blank in this field. Any thoughts on this? 

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@ashleyinman Make sure you have the formula options for "Group By" checked on the appropriate field. Then ensure that the dropdown for missing rows is set to "0 or empty"

Labels