Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Use Tableau Server as a Input Data to Alteryx

bakedsalmon333
5 - Atom

Hi! 

I'm new to Alteryx and was wondering if anyone has tried using data from Tableau Server as input data to Alteryx? I have tried the below flow but encountered the below error;

bakedsalmon333_0-1630583785100.png

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I use Tableau a lot, but I wouldn't use it as a source for Alteryx.  Where does Tableau get the data from ? that's where Alteryx should be connecting in order to get the data 🙂 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bakedsalmon333 

As @cmcclellan suggested, you should probably query the source that Tableau gets its data from.  If you really must query directly from a Tableau datasource then "GET /api/api-version/sites/site-id/datasources/datasource-id/content" is the method that you're looking for once you get your authentication token 

In your current workflow, the XML parse tool is currently configured to use [base_url] as the field with the xml.  Change this to DownloadData.  This is the field that will contain the token if your authentication request is successful.

danilang_0-1630848950672.png

Dan

Labels