Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Uninstall and Update Problem

Yousha
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I needed to update the Designer Desktop. After downloading and starting to install, it asked me to uninstall the old version 2021.4, but it's been 4 hours going, and still no progress with the uninstall. 

Is it a regular issue with Alteryx Designer and did anyone else encountered a similar issue before? 

Thanks in advance. 

10 REPLIES 10
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Yousha 

How did you install Alteryx the first time? 

Did you do it through the Alteryx licensing portal or through your company's app store?

Yousha
7 - Meteor

From Alteryx licensing portal. It's still going the same. 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@Yousha Did you ensure you have all instances of Alteryx closed?

Best way to do this is to end task through your task manager. 

If this still doesn't work, try completely turning off your computer and performing the installation first, once complete you can reinstall the latest version. 

Yousha
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Yes, of course, I have closed all the WF and files. Also, I have restarted it a few times, the problem remains the same. When I'm trying to install it, it's telling me that I have an older version installed, which needs to be uninstalled first. On the other hand, I can't find/use the old Alteryx. Trouble from both ends.

Thanks.  

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@Yousha  you may have already tried this but if you go to your control panel assuming your on Windows you should see whatever version of Altyerx you have installed in there and you could just do a manual uninstall.

Then you can just install the version you actually want 

Yousha
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Yes, I have tried that as well. But the outcome remains the same, it comes to the un-install window and keeps running like that. I have also checked Task Manager, the uninstall process is running, not paused or hung.

Thanks.  

Deano478
12 - Quasar

In that case this previous post might be help to you as other people have had this same issue in the past:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unable-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-needed-... 

Yousha
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Thanks for the help, I will try removing the registry files. Now I gotta convince the IT Guys to do it for me since I'm not an admin user. Kinda wishing to avoid it. Let's see what happens. Thanks mate. 

Deano478
12 - Quasar

Happy to help I hope it all goes swimmingly for you because Alteryx does have it's fair share of faults. I dunno why they made it so difficult to simply uninstall and update.

Labels