Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

To write the Left and Right join into a single excel file

hanz_e2
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

I am working on a workflow which is supposed to join by every record. So I am trying to take a report which writes the records into an excel file when anything comes through either of Left or Right join and write into an excel file, providing different tab for Left and Right join. But I believe the 'block until done' will not help since both the Left and Right join works simultaneously.

So could you please help to write these records into an excel file separately for Left and Right Join?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @hanz_e2,

I made a sample workflow, the idea is to union all the outputs of the join and then in the output data, you can specify to write at the bottom of the tool options to append a different name or change the name tabs depending on the format.

Hope it helped!

hanz_e2
5 - Atom

Hi @Ladarthur

It worked!

Thanks for the quick response.

Ashwin
5 - Atom

I am opening this topic as I need help with a question. As seen in the screen shot below I want to write output from Join tool (Inner, Left & Right) to 3 different sheets in a Excel file -- Which I am able to using join - However I also want to able to create a excel file with dynamic name - having date as suffix - Like ABCFILE_dd-MM-YYYY.xlsx -- If I try replacing entire path it will error out as workflow will create file for 3 times based on 3 formula tool added just before Union. Also Block until Done wont work here as the output will separate out in case of replacing path. Let me know if there is any workaround for this ?

Snap5.jpg

Labels