Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Text input

John98
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I want to paste a data of 19,000 rows in the text input tool to send the workflow without files but when I paste it the alteryx not responding ! And if I import the data and chose the file  it will import only sample of the data around 100 rows only. Any idea how can I fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @John98 ,

I guess, you used a Data Input tool to import the data. In the preview, you see only the first 100 lines, but if you connect a Browse tool to the Data Import tool, you'll see all rows. In addition, you can add filters and sort the imported data.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Roland 

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@John98 @RolandSchubert 

Like Roland said, wanted to add a screenshot haha. You'll have to run it at least once to see all rows in the workflow :-). 

For Alteryx not responding with the 19k rows being paste in the text input tool, you'll probably have to wait a while, Alteryx has the tendency to hang itself for a couple of minutes when pasting such an amount of rows :-)>

Sebastiaandb_0-1629869702215.png

John98
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for responding, actually I checked the output but as I mentioned it's not importing all the data when I used import file and  it imported 34 rows only out of 19,000 and showed a message for me notifying that this tool can't handle more than 1000 rows.

Also, once I tried to paste the data the alteryx not responding.

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@John98 Do you have a dummy? :-). Would be helpful! if not, what datatype is your input?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sounds strange ... could you provide a screenshot of the error message? Or the data file?

Labels