Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Text file row transformations

aclar286
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, 

I have been given a text file to reformat that is proving particularly difficult to do!

Basically, headings and values are split across different rows, and I would like to get all the information for each contract on the same row.

I think I could do it the long way using formulas etc but I am sure there must be a simpler solution that I am missing?

I have attached a spreadsheet which shows a bit clearer what I am trying to explain.

Thank you for your help!!

Amy

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aclar286 

Thanks for that example! I think I understand what you're after. Strategic transformations are crucial to making this work. 

I've put together the following workflow to show how this could be accomplished. Check it out and let me know if this helps. 

aclar286
7 - Meteor

Thanks for this!  I managed to get around it using the sample tool but I think your solution is clearer to use going forward.

Labels