Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table tool removing double spaces

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I've seen the community "fix" for this by using the Alt255 instead of a space but that doesn't seem to work. Here's the scenario, I have a table tool that's being fed into an email. There's a column in the table that has 2 spaces but the table tool removes 1 of the spaces in the email. I've tried using the Alt255 in place of the space but see image below for result

Any help would be much appreciated! Am I missing something in the replace formula?

Example: 'ABC  123' (has 2 spaces)

Replace formula: Replace([ITEM]," "," ") -- held Alt and keyed 255 for the replacement section of the formula

with spaces.jpgAlt255 replacement.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @SVERHEYDEN 
Are you able to provide us a copy of your workflow as well as some sample data?

This will help the Community to better troubleshoot the issues you are encountering.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

@TrevorS  and fellow community, see attached sample. I've stripped out all previous steps in the workflow to simplify. Again, I need to be able to have the fields come through the table and email tools exactly how they are in the database. This means the ITEM_NO could have no spaces, 1 space, or many

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

When I run the workflow, it outputs exactly like you want it to output, with the double spaces in the first row a single in the second row.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609798926195.png

Pedro.

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

@pedrodrfaria it appears fine in the workflow after it's ran but the email comes through like the attached screenshot here. This is the email after I've added the Alt+255 character to try to get around the double space being removed in the table

email screenshot.jpg

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SVERHEYDEN

Seems weird, but I'm having no issues. I sent the dataset via email to my outlook account and had no issues. Have you tried with a different email? I have tried with a gmail and outlook.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609870333151.png

SVERHEYDEN
6 - Meteoroid

Solved! I found this article that got me in the right direction: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Working-with-wanted-line-breaks-and-th...

I actually ended up replacing the double space with a "|" prior to the table tool then adding a formula after the table tool to replace the new "|" with the HTML code for space " "

See attached for solution

Labels