Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint list input HELP

TheaAbella000
7 - Meteor

Good day

I am new to using sharepoint list input tool

GOAL: I want to get the data from my excel file from our sharepoint group using sharepoint list input tool. However I am only getting list of names, created date and their content type. I want to get and process the whole dta within the alteryx. Is there a way to do this?

TheaAbella000_0-1661188376308.png

Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
MattBenj
9 - Comet

To open individual files from SharePoint I would use the SharePoint Files Input Tool. If you need to dynamically open multiple files you can wrap the tool in a batch macro.

SharePoint Files Input Tool | Alteryx Help

TheaAbella000
7 - Meteor

Oh thank you

I have tried this tool but i have a problem

-I couldnt connect to our group although  i know my url is valid as well as my user name and password. Any idea why?

TheaAbella000_0-1661276633555.pngTheaAbella000_1-1661276687420.png

MattBenj
9 - Comet

My company uses the "Sign in via internet Browser" and "Provide Client ID and Secret, and Tenant ID" options so I'm not familiar with this method. I don't see any error messages on your screen. Is it giving you a specific error?

TheaAbella000
7 - Meteor

Hello Matt no worries my tool is already registered so im not getting an error anymore

Labels