Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Seperate data sets and cross tab

Rico_Widmayer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, 

I have to deal with some very messy data from anaother system (structure therefore fixed).

Its basically many data sets together one below the other. One data set conatins of a Name (ID) and two columns with dates and respective values. 

What I am trying to achieve is toe cross tab each data set, so that a have the ID in the first column and the dates as headers with the respective values below. 

I attached a sample of data (input and desired output in the other tab). 

It is easy for me cross tab one data set. But in reality there or not just 6 (like in my attached sample) but almost 1.000, which means I would have to manually seperate all 1.000 data sets and cross tab each.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to to this autoimatically? :)

3 REPLIES 3
ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

You'll need to use a few multi-row tools to carry the Naming and date conventions through all your data and then crosstab. I have added a solution for you! Hope it helps!

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

Seperate data sets and cross tab Capture - 11.15.2022.JPG

Hi @Rico_Widmayer 

Please see below and attached. Hope this helps.

christine_assaad_0-1668532191204.png

Labels