Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SOS0318 - Report Text Tool HTML passthrough

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Hi Guys,

Trying to create a a dynamic link, where you have the name of the client and you can click on it. 

For example Alteryx the problem is that the link I want to use is not a web link but a link to an internal system. Now alteryx is detecting it and putting in front "HTTP/". 

I have done what it is suggested in other tools which is: 

<htmlpassthrough>

[Client Name]|[Client URL]

<htmlpassthrough>

The above stops from Alteryx adding Https, but this stops becoming a dynamic Name and rather you see

Alteryx|en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alteryx

Which is not what I want. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think if you have:

<htmlpassthrough><![CDATA[<a href="[Client URL:A]">[Client Name:A]</a>]]></htmlpassthrough>

it will render an HTML link for you.

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I am not sure if the following is relevant:

- the ultimate output of my workflow is an email, when I generate an email on your workflow you will see that there is no actual link, what it does, it uses the name of the field as a link.  

(if you click on the link of your workflow the link is: "%5bClient%20URL%5d")

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Thanks! @jdunkerley79  Unfortunately, your solution did not work completely. 

- the ultimate output of my workflow is an email, when I generate an email on your workflow you will see that there is no actual link, what it does, it uses the name of the field as a link.  

(if you click on the link of your workflow the link is: "%5bClient%20URL%5d")

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I tried on mine again and indeed got the empty result.

If you use:

<a href="[Client URL:A]">[Client Name:A]</a>

as the expression - the email tool on mine worked. Likewise rendered PDF came out correctly

Updated sample attached,

Labels