Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run/Trigger Alteryx Workflow From Tableau?

ghalibminhas
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am running a chain of alteryx workflows and saving data in SQL DB. Then I connect Tableau with the SQL server. I would like to know is there anyway I can run or trigger the alteryx workflow engine from Tableau directly or create a stored procedure within SQL DB that would allow me to run from Tableau just like we run R-codes and Python from SQL. I do not want to run Alteryx engine from the command line or from Alteryx Designer.

I have tried using WDC connector with Tableau by saving workflows on the gallery first. Unfortunately, the workflows are multiple and complex i.e. I am using CreW and other macros. Alteryx generate errors while saving workflows on the gallery. Hence, this option is not feasible.

Any help/code snippets would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

Would you be able to share more about your use case?  I'm not sure I understand why you would want to trigger a workflow from Tableau.

The never versions of Tableau support extensions (.trex) so in theory you could program something that might do this.  However, depending on your use case there may be other ways to accomplish this.

GauravG1797
5 - Atom

Hey I have similar kind of situation, I am manually running my workflows on Alteryx and publishing the output on Tableau Server, After that I am feeding that data to a Report published on server, Can I do something so that I don't have to run Alteryx first and then Tableau.  How can I trigger my existing workflow on Alteryx from Tableau.  

Labels