Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading multiple files with multiple sheet- field schema error

Sanju04
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want to read multiple workbooks with multiple sheets at once and all files and all tabs have same structure. I build macro in below steps:

- read files using input tool. Set Table or Query to 'List of Sheet Names'

- then used Dynamic input tool . set to field to Sheet Names and Action as Change File/Table Name

I am getting error as Different Schema than the first file.

I tried few more macros and workflow from the discussion forums but still getting the same error.

Is there a way to fix the schema in the file itself or other ways to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sanju04 

It can't be used the Dynamic Input tool for the files that have the different schema.

It is needed the Batch Macro solution for this type problem.

I made the general purpose Workflow for this type problem.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1621140173129.png

Please refer the attached solution.

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sanju04 ,

Note that while configuring DYNAMIC INPUT tool, we have to set an Input Data Source Template.

If you are using "Change File/ Table Name" as Action, then the file structure that is being set as "Input Data Source Template" will have to match with file structure that you want to read at runtime (In simple terms, set one of the files that you will read as an Input Data Source Template).

Again, be thorough will the structure of all files and all sheets that you are reading (No of columns and Order of columns should be same).

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

Labels