Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question about batch macro input

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I've recently started experimenting with macros, and I had a question concerning mapping fields and input. 

In this case, I have a portion of my workflow that joins and does some processing to two data sources. I then want to take this joined data and run a batch macro on it, however, when I'm adjusting the input tool in my macro, it only allows me to put a text input or a straight file input, which is not what I need.

How can I work around this?  

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @MWon 

Some sample data would be helpful. The macro input tool's configuration is to simply provide sample data to test the macro with. It is not used for the end result. If you need two data sources you would need two macro input tools.

MWon
7 - Meteor

I see, attached is my macro then. So when I am running it, I can simply ignore the input action and focus on the control parameter and update value part yes? 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @MWon 

What you attached is a regular workflow (yxmd). A macro would be a yxmc file. Based on the other post I helped you with, attached is what I think you're getting at.

Luke_C_0-1658427316662.png

Luke_C_1-1658427325687.png

MWon
7 - Meteor

Ah my bad, let me attach the macro file. I thought it would be already included 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@MWon Looks like what I attached will take care of what you need. Let me know.

MWon
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I think the hard part for me is that I'm not really used to using macros, so I've been having trouble setting them up. in this case, when I try to set up your macro, I keep on getting "The field __ is not contained in the record", and I've been trying to figure out why this is the case and what needs to be configured to make it work 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Any screenshots would be helpful. Thanks!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @MWon 

As discussed, try the attached.

Labels