Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem With Dynamic Input Tool

shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have a 2 input from oracle database both are dependent on each other.
From first input I am taking the Max value of the date.

I am using that Max value in a where clause while using Dynamic Input Tool.
In Dynamic input tool I applied the changes for replacing the sysdate with the Max date from first input.

While running the query I am getting an error & the string is not replaced by the date.

Kindly help me to solve this problem & let me know in case if there is any other solution is present.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashank Shukla

7 REPLIES 7
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello shashank_shukla

Can you provide more details about this error?

Regards, 

Douglas Perez

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Mind your data types.  If you are using one to find/replace another input make sure things are apples-to-apples.    Keep in mind that if you are running two queries from the same database this could also be achieved via one SQL statement in most cases.

shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This is the representation of my Alteryx WF. 

I can not share the Actual WF due to restrictions.

I have 2 Table from Oracle database.

The Output of 1st Table will be used as Input for other table.

But while replacing the Sysdate with Max(Date) from 1st table the Dynamic input is failing and not giving any output.

The Error is sometimes Oracle OCI Parse Or Column Does Not Exists.

shashank_shukla_0-1623915305849.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@shashank_shukla ,

Is there a chance that the schema in the second table is changing at all? Do any columns have dynamic naming, for example? The Dynamic Input tool requires the schema to be exactly the same, any change will cause it to fail.

If so, you can remove the need for a dynamic input and simply wrap an input tool in a macro and feed the dynamic values in.

M.

Bulien

shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey

The columns names are different in both the tables.

I only require the Max(Date) from 1st table accordingly I will fetch the data from 2nd table.

The query from 2nd Table (SELECT * FROM TABLE2 Where Date>= Max(Date) From Table1)

Can you please give a sample of Macros which you are talking about.

It will be great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashank Shukla

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shashank_shukla ,

I don't mean different between those two tables, I mean is the second table always the same? You are using Select *, which means the columns selected must be consistent on every run.

However, another thing to check, before feeding the dates into the Dynamic Input tool, are you using a sum tool to group the max(date) field? 

If not, try that.

M.

Bulien

shashank_shukla
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey,

From my end, I was able to find a solution.
Thank you for your response and assistance.
Have a wonderful day ahead of you.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashank R. Shukla

Labels