Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prediction tools - issues with running

sgrabish1
8 - Asteroid

I am getting an error message each time I try to run the predictive tool on weekly challenge 124, specifically:

"This workflow references macros (Predictive Tools\NetworkViz.yxmc….  Saving this workflow will permanents disable these tools"

Has anyone else encountered this and how was it resolved?

Thanks!

Stan

7 REPLIES 7
benakesh
12 - Quasar
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

NetworkViz.yxmc is part of the Alteryx predictive tools package (the display name of the tool is "Network Analysis.") Have you installed the R tools? You can check by looking at the bottom of the Options menu. If there's an option called "Download Predictive Tools," then they aren't installed. If you need this workflow to work, you'll need to select that option and install the tools or you can go to the license site (https://licenses.alteryx.com) go to the Designer installers and download the RInstaller for your release.

If the Predictive tools are installed and you're still getting this error, then we need to do a bit of troubleshooting because the path for the tool on your machine isn't matching the one in the workflow. I could walk you through this, but there is a weekly challenge that covers this topic and would be worth reviewing:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-105-Think-Like-a-CSE-Tools-are-missing/t...

EDIT: Simplified the method to check if you've installed Predictive.

sgrabish1
8 - Asteroid

I had to install the Tools; thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Stan

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear it, @sgrabish1 . Please mark any responses that helped you as solutions so people will know the request was resolved and others with a similar problem can find it as a possible solution. Thanks!

alhabib
5 - Atom

I think you could help me with my problem. 

I try to run linear regression in my workflow and it tells me  "Linear Regression (3) Tool #4: The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system."

The issue is that I did install the predictive tools package, the admin version which is the same as my designer. I contacted support and they told me to do a clean uninstall which I did and the problem has persisted. 

So in my head what you're suggesting is the only thing that makes sense.

I appreciate your time

AH

Sieversd
6 - Meteoroid

alhabib, just wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? I'm having the same exact issue. Support suggested the same thing for me but it did not work. I can't find a solution.

Miguel_Salcido
6 - Meteoroid

I have the same problem, and don´t seem to find a solution after trying all the suggested solutions, I´m still not able to run the predictive tools due to this issue.

I would appreciate customer and/or technical support for helping us solve this problem, understand what is the issue so we can support other colleagues with the same situation.

Thanks!

Labels