Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pre/Post SQL statements freeze Alteryx

VivienP
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to add a pre create sql statement to my regular output tool, but every single time I click on the three dots to open the query builder, Alteryx freezes and cannot recover after minutes... Same goes for the post SQL statement. I am using the 2019.4 version.

I tried turning on the "Disable Auto Configure" option in the Advanced user settings, but it doesn't help. I know also that others have the same issue in my team. 

Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAd
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @VivienP,

To update the Community.

We worked with the user and @VivienP  resolved the issue. There was a long running job on the database the Output tool was pointing to. It was taken all the performance of the database. Once it was stopped Designer worked as expected.

Thanks.

Michael Adler
Sr. Customer Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.

agrabbs
5 - Atom

What if we don't have permission to access the database jobs, are we out of luck?

All I have is an input statement on my Alteryx workflow with a simple "select MAX([date]) FROM [table]"

Any time I click the ellipsis it just crashes. I've tried it on multiple devices. Alteryx Designer 2019.4

Labels