Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error within filter tool when trying to create an app

Tony_b919
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am currently trying to create an app that will filter a certain column in my data according the names the user selects. The interface of the app shows all names under the column I am trying to filter for and the user can select or deselect the name. When I run the app I get the following error message below:

Filter (2): Parse Error at char(29): Parse Error

I am not sure as to why I keep getting this error as I have used the method that I am currently using to filter the data before. I am first using a list box tool to display all the names under the column then I use an action tool to update the value within the filter and thirdly, I am connecting to the filter tool and using the following formula [Major Catergory] = "Testing". ("Testing" is the intended string that is supposed to be replaced in the action tool ).

Any help on this would be amazing!!!

Below is a screenshot of of the workflow and the configuration screen of each tool. I also attached the app below.

WorkflowWorkflowList box configList box configAction ConfigAction ConfigFilter ConfigFilter Config

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
The problem is likely caused by the syntax you are using and the fact you want to be able to select multiple values.

At the moment you are passing in (when the user selects more than one thing)...

[FieldName] = 'Bob','Dave'

Which is not valid syntax. An IN statement allows you o check against multiple criteria so you should look to use...

[Fieldname] IN ('TESTING1','TESTING2')

Then in your action use...

'TESTING1','TESTING2'
Labels