Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to PowerBI - Authentication Error Failed to Fetch

Marie_Hibbert
5 - Atom

We are having difficulting getting Alteryx to connect to PowerBI - I have entered the TenantID, ClientID, and client secret but when we select login we are met with a blank white box. Has anyone seen this before? We also get an authentication error: failed to fetch.

2019-09-17_18-55-07.png

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Probably not it, but you could try to close Alteryx and run as admin. I have had other issues similar to this in the past that this fixed it. Can you confirm that someone else has the same issue? If not - I would completely get rid of it and reinstall the connector. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
georgianadorizas
5 - Atom

Same thing is happening to me-- was deleting and reinstalling the tool the only way to solve the problem?

Marie_Hibbert
5 - Atom

We were only able to get the PowerBI to work with the older connector - haven't tried the new one recently though.

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

FYI, I'm still having this issue in 2021.3 with the v3.0 connector.  Submitted a case as I can't find a solution yet.  Re-installing Alteryx and the tool (as administrator) did not resolve the issue.

Labels