Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Data Node Truncating String Fields

PaulFields2
8 - Asteroid

Guys - as a new user I am having major issues with Alteryx. First is the caching of previous query results now when I write records to my Oracle DB all but the first character of my string fields is being truncated.

Am I crazy here?  Why is Alteryx behaving this way?

Not impressed so far.

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you writing data into an existing table or creating a new one? You could be writing into tables with columns of a specific size. If you are creating a new table it should be based on the schema of the data you are writing. If you can provide a bit more information about how you have configured the Output Data tool the Community may be able to help. Otherwise I would suggest sending an email to support@alteryx.com so they can determine if something isn't working properly. Having successfully written to many Oracle tables myself, my gut feeling is that you either have an issue with your configuration, the settings of the table, or a driver issue. 

PaulFields2
8 - Asteroid

Turns out this was related to (although not necessarily totally caused by) Alteryx assigning the variable type WString to incoming fields from by DB query.   What also may have helped is installing Oracle Driver v.19c - although not sure.

This is such a strange error though.  Has ANYONE ever seen this happening with their workflows?

Labels