Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

One Drive - Local Path changes by user

sdewitt_siemens
5 - Atom

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to use the functionality of shared one drive folders but whenever you map directories or inputs it has my local user ID and we need multiple users to be able to run these workflows. How can we overcome this? 

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @sdewitt_siemens ,

This is a common issue when many users are looking to use the same workflows. To do that, the folder where the workflow is saved should have a proper structure.

Lets say that you have a workflow (or more) saved somewhere in a folder of your OneDrive. Then in the same folder, create a subfolder  called "Inputs" and add all your input files there (so instead of pointing Alteryx to read files from your local device, it will have to read from Onedrive). Also, create a secondary subfolder called "Outputs".

Now, open up your workflow and redirect the inputs to read from the files you have placed in the "Inputs" subfolder on your Onedrive. Do the same for the outputs, so instead of outputting files locally, redirect them to point in the "Outputs" folder on your Onedrive.

Once you have done those steps, on the top left click on Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies. In the new window that will pop -up, select "All relative" and click "ok". Now save your workflow.

Everything now should be stored in Onedrive (workflow, inputs,outputs) and all your colleagues will be able to access it and run it from their machines without an error.

Hope that helps.

Best 

Angelos

sdewitt_siemens
5 - Atom

Thank you!!! 

jeremywai
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sdewitt_siemens , I'd like to point out there is a new version of the OneDrive tools which do not require you to use local mapped folders and can use your OneDrive directly. Maybe using that one could be helpful as well. 

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
Labels