Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Odd Python Jupyter question

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

I have two workflows closely related.  The first workflow grabs data from a SnowMirror server using 5 threads (not sure if that is right word) using  the python tool.  I then process and output data to a different database.  The second workflow does the exact same thing using the same tables but instead of grabbing all data from the tables grabs data that has been updated in past three days.

These two workflows are named differently ie different yxmd files.  What is odd and frustrating is I enter a query in workflow1 (all data) in the jupyter screen and it changes the query in workflow2 (data from last three days).

The question I have is when I use the python tool and it uses jupyter notebook in two workflows, how to I keep the jupyter script separate and unique from other workflows.  I have even saved and closed workflow1 and then opened workflow2 and it shows the same queries.   How do I manage jupyter environment in alteryx?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

l believe this is an issue with related workflows bleeding from one jupyter notebook occurrence to the other. Have you tried the new Jupyter Flow tool?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @jeffv,

I found out about this issue a couple months ago. The way the notebooks are referenced are via a GUID that is within the workflow itself. This GUID is recreated whenever a new Python tool is placed on the canvas. 

To fix the issue, you can try what MatthewP suggested in this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Relation-between-Python-Tool-and-Jupyt...

Cheers!

Phil

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Maskell_RascalHave you played around with Jupyter Flow and any chance that helps?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@apathetichell - I haven't had a chance to check out the new Jupyter Flow Tool, but the ability to export and share workflows containing Python code with the environment is a big enhancement. This means that you can actually use workflows with Python on a server now.  

Labels