Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Outputs

wcamarg3
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a table like this, and I would like to generate a multiple "csv" file output with the headers name.

These headers name are dynamic, it varies according to the data.

These columns names are dynamic -->A_ONE OP10A_ONE OP20B_ONE OP20B_TWO OP30C_ONE OP40
 58210 120

Basically for this examples I would like files named like:

A_ONE OP10.csv (The content is the column data)

A_ONE OP20.csv (The content is the column data)

B_ONE OP20.csv (The content is the column data)

B_TWO OP30.csv (The content is the column data)

C_ONE OP40.csv (The content is the column data)

Many thanks,

Wilson

8 REPLIES 8
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @wcamarg3 ,

You will probably going to need a batch macro for this task. Your workflow will have to include a Fields Info tool that will give you a list of all column headers (column [Name], which you will then feed to the control parameter of your batch macro.

AngelosPachis_0-1629726301680.png

Your batch macro, will then run for each one of those column headers. From your table, the dynamic select tool is going to select each column one by one and then create a single output for each one of them

AngelosPachis_1-1629726333659.png

The output is going to look something like this:

AngelosPachis_2-1629726449070.png

where each file contains only the corresponding column

AngelosPachis_3-1629726478410.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

wcamarg3
8 - Asteroid

@AngelosPachis . I downloaded your macro, but what is the command you used? It seems to me a "?", but on the screen shot you share is a "blue circle". Which command I can use?

wcamarg3
8 - Asteroid

Here is how it came to me!

wcamarg3_0-1629734001169.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @wcamarg3 

There is a possibility that you are using lower version of Alteryx which is causing the break. You can use this guide to downgrade the packaged workflow.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

Hope this helps : )

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hey @wcamarg3 ,

Do you mind giving it a second try? I thought I fixed the workflow dependencies, but I might be mistaken.

@atcodedog05 suggestion is also valid, but just in case I'm also sending over the workflow and batch macro separately. You just have to downgrade them and keep them in the same directory for the workflow to work

wcamarg3
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @AngelosPachis ! It was the solution to my problem!

wcamarg3
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @atcodedog05  ! I had a version isso, and this article help me solve the problem!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @wcamarg3 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels