Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Modifying Report text with Formula Tool

bazerkaX
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am attempting to create a condition based on Report Text existing to affect the layout of a report i've created.

Problem: 

The output no longer functions properly and only displays code instead of "Text - View Browse Tool Report Tab"

I've attached a few images better illustrating my problem.

1. There are OOS Titles, and OOS Tables. 

2. A formula was created -// if isnull([OOS Table]) then "" else [OOS Title] endif  

3. Previously this worked properly, creating a blank on the layout if the condition is met. 

I believe this is something to do with the formula / data types or even the table that the formula is based off of. 

The Data type is V-WString

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@bazerkaX I think you can work around this issue. I would connect your last report text tool right to the layout tool. Once you have your layout tool setup, then change it back it back to the way you have it where the formula tool connects to the layout tool. The layout tool will complain about bad data, but the output should work as expected. I'm attaching an example in case that helps. I suspect that the layout tool is checking the source field of the metadata. 

bazerkaX
5 - Atom

Thanks, Patrick.

Ignoring the layout error worked. 

My guess is that the layout is reading the first row as a blank and displaying that error message. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@bazerkaX glad that worked! Just for fun it looks like you can use another report text tool in expert mode and then a select tool to switch the fields around. That way the tools downstream are tricked into believing it came from a report text tool.

patrick_digan_0-1580500699431.png

Labels