Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Memory allocation problem

Kakelad
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx experts throughout the world!
We have encountered some issues while running our analytics in Alteryx Designer.
On multiple jobs, we seem to get the error which states that the instance would be running out of memory.
This is highly unlikely, since the machine has 64gb of memory and the instance itself has never stated to have run out of memory.
What could cause these errors? 
I will add pictures to provide more information.

Thank you for any and all insights!**image.pngimage.pngimage.png

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kakelad,

How much memory is on your machine?  

Default Sort/Join Memory Usage: This is the minimum amount of memory that the Engine will consume while performing operations such as Sorts and Joins within a workflow. Generally this value should not change

8154 is the # for 32 GB Ram (1/4).  I would adjust your default down.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Kakelad
7 - Meteor

Ah yes 64gb is the amount of memory on our machine. I adjusted the allocated memory to 2000mb and this seemed to fix our problem :)
Thanks!

nuruzzaman
5 - Atom

I had the same issue and mange to fix the problem. Instead of changing the system memory setting, I changed the user setting to change the memory allocation. I have a machine with 64 GB memory and loading the data from Hive DB was failing due to lack of memory. Please see the attachment below for more details. You can find it @ Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings. In this way you are not changing the system memory allocation, just for your user. Hope it helps. 

Alteryx_memory_setting2.PNG

Labels