Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop or something similar

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to my problem. I need a kind of loop to check the data. I have ID, Name 1, Name 2. I need to compare Name 1 to Name 2 but sometimes it is that one ID has several Names from two bases, so I need something like that to check each line.

ryotaro999_0-1580676868714.png

Thank you very much for help.

8 REPLIES 8
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@ryotaro999 

I am not sure understand what you are trying to solve.

Can you please try flushing our your issue a little further. Perhaps you can give us an example of what you'd like as an output.

sincerely,

Jacob 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-kahn-b24b70136/

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Could you give a bit more info on what you're looking for as a result?

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid
I have to create a column in which the result of comparing the Name 1 column to Name 2 column will be in the form "Yes" / "No", are they the same people? The only problem is that sometimes the same ID has several different names, which makes comparison difficult.
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi,

By your latest comment i can understand that you are trying to create a column with takes Yes/No based on Name1 is equal to or not equal to Name2.

Use Formula tool

Field Name : Flag

IF [Name 1]==[Name 2]THEN "Yes" ELSE "No" ENDIF.

Please do let me know if this was helpful.

If not please share a sample workflow and desired output so that we can provide you solution.

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

That's right, but what about lines where the correct Names are not on the same line? I will get the result "NO".

Today I will try to upload a workflow.

Thanks.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Perhaps something like this?

match names.png

ryotaro999
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I checked the workflow and it seems to be what I wanted! I will check it today in my work, I will let you know how it went later 🙂

Thanks!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You don't actually need the select tools in from of the join tool.

Labels