Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Keep only the most recent data

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I have a database for different months. I want only those lines that are for the last 3 months and the first 10 days of the current month. Example: Its March 21st. I want to keep lines for February, January and December, as well as the first 10 days of March. However this rule changes every month, as for April I would need only March, February and January, not December anymore. Is there a particular formula that I can write and use to create this type of rule? 

Thanks for the help! 

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Solution will depend on what exactly your incoming data stream looks like and what you want to do with it.

If you're asking {if I have today's date as a given, can I have a formula produce the values 'Feb', 'Jan', 'Dec', 'Mar 1', 'Mar 2', . . . 'Mar 10'}

Would need a lot more detail to assist.

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @sanastasova 

I assume you want to filter on the relative date based on the date that you run the report. To do that, you can write a custom filter to achieve this. See attached example.

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am not able to open the workflow as it is saved with a newer version. Mine is 2020.4.5.12471.

If possible, could you please save it with this one, so I can open it.

Thanks!

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

I think a solution would be to create some sort of dropdown list for a certain column. Like that every time I can check only the months I need. Is is possible? Thanks a lot for the help !

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @sanastasova, you can still open the workflow even it is created with a newer version, you can click ok to open it. If you want to have the feature to select, then I would recommend to convert your regular workflow to an Analytic App.

Below is an introduction to Analytic App blog:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Alteryx-Analytic-Apps-Introduction-and-Deep-Dive-Serie...

Labels