Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative Macro - Calc a specific row at a time

uday2008
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to forecast vacancy (attrition + backfills). This calculation needs to happen at a combination of company code and Profit center for the next 4 years.

• Calculation being used -> Starting FTEs + Net Vacancy (Prior Period) + Attrition_Attrition Overlay (Current Period) + Backfill_Backfill Overlay (Current Period) = Starting FTEs + Net Vacancy (Current Period)

What I am trying to achieve in the attached is this:

• Multi-Row 12 to 15 (The ones in the container) should run for the first forecasted month (so it should run for July if I run it today, that's how its set up currently)
  • For August 2021 date, Multi-Row 3-6 should run one after the other without running for September and future periods,
  • The next iteration should run only for the Sep-2021 row (all 4 multi-rows should run) and so on

I am thinking I can control it using a counter of some sort, which can be true only for the month that it needs to run for, and that way the multi-row won't run for all the future periods at once but I am not able to understand how to do it.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!  

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @uday2008 

I think I need more details about your process.  Specifically some disambiguation about the steps.

• Multi-Row 12 to 15 (The ones in the container) should run for the first forecasted month (so it should run for July if I run it today, that's how its set up currently) Only the tools in the container?
  • For August 2021 date, Multi-Row 3-6 should run one after the other without running for September and future periods,  Only 3-6 without 12-15?
  • The next iteration should run only for the Sep-2021 row (all 4 multi-rows should run) and so on.  Which 4 multirows? Is Oct the same as Sept?

Can you provide a simple example, say 4 months and 2 entities and the expected output file?  

Dan

uday2008
5 - Atom

@danilang    Sorry if the question wasn't clear enough. 

Basically, I am trying to run my dataset through the entire workflow but one row at a time. Then use the output from the first iteration as an input to the second iteration and so on.

In the attached file, please refer Col. S onwards in the "Vacancy Calc Sample" tab to see the recursion I am trying to achieve.

Labels