Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installing on Mac

Neeksfamous
5 - Atom

Hello, I am learning how to use Alteryx for one of my classes, but can only seem to work on it on my home computer. I tried to download and install the program on my Mac laptop, and even with a windows machine like parallels installed, the install file will not open. Has anyone else had similar issues? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Neeksfamous 

Alteryx can only be installed in windows OS, so installing on your mac will not work.

If you've partitioned your hard drive via a bootcamp-type setup, it is possible that your computers' windows partition doesnt meet the minimum required.

Below are the system requirements provided by Alteryx so you can confirm!

System Requirements | Alteryx Help

Please like and mark this post as resolved if it answered you question! 

vijaykarthiklife
7 - Meteor

System Specs:

Mac Mini

Chip - M1

Mac OS - Ventura (13.0.1)

Installed Parallels from AppStore. Activated the trial version. (annual subscription is 9700 INR) Took me through the installation process for Windows 11. THen downloaded and installed alteryx .exe file from the alteryx site. Activated the trial version. Working very much as expected !! The advantage with Parallels is that it comes with a fully functional version of Windows and hence you don't have to go hunting around for a copy of the Win OS. Hope this helps !

spanchal
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Why Alteryx is not available to install on Mac directly ? There are many macOS users around the world who would like to use and explore.

Deano478
11 - Bolide

Hey @Neeksfamous When I needed to do this a few months back I used the following articles to get it to work for me on my mac device:

NOTE: Be very careful while partitioning the drive as if done incorrectly it can cause irreversible data and file loss

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Install-Alteryx-for-Mac-1583460913067 

cjaneczko
12 - Quasar

You could use a VM service like AWS or VMware to install it. The prior company I worked for used AWS to host Alteryx. 

Labels