Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hyper input - Field ... was truncated

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

I am using the new option to use hyper file in the input tool. Most of the times when I do this I get that some fields in  the hyper file are being truncated at the input tool step.

Is there a way to go around this? Is this a bug?

Note the hyper file that I am using as input was created by Alteryx in another workflow.

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

16 REPLIES 16
Loic
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for the feedback. We agree with you! The way it will likely work is that the user will be able to specify the length of the string field. No confirmation of timing yet.

mdemczuk
6 - Meteoroid

My team just encountered this issue when attempting to ingest a field from Hive with >255 chars. It is constantly being trimmed down to V_String(255)

Santosh_Mikas
5 - Atom

I have the same issue and can verify all previous comments.

Field size should definitely not be limited for the read in tool concerning hyper files.

Just copy paste the functioanlity similarly to the .csv read in. --> user can select maximum field size before each run.

Thanks in advance

Pls keep me posted when that limitation is fixed 😉

Greetings

Santosh

jdrummey
9 - Comet

This is also a blocker for us using Hyper files for Input, we regularly have description fields that are >255 characters.

Jonathan

Santosh_Mikas
5 - Atom

Other than this issue hyper file format would be greatly preferred over e.g. yxdb due to minimized storage requirements.

joekikta
5 - Atom

Has this been fixed in later versions? If so, which version?

jdrummey
9 - Comet

Hi, I just tested this on v2021.3.4 and the issue has been fixed, I don't have any prior releases to test against.

Jonathan

Labels