Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to treat string Field as formula condition

prachikini
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have some data as mapping file in order to find Eligible/non eligible data. 

My filtration criteria for eligibility is like below, 

This filtration is dynamic and it needs to be changed according to user's requirement who does not have developer license.

I have to take this string as input to formula, how it can be done ?

3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is the dynamic formula tool from the Crew Macro pack your solution?

Please have a look at this link

Regards.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

prachikini
5 - Atom

Hi Wlliam, Thank you so much for the quick reply.

But the thing is we cannot use Crew Macro pack as our Organization's compliance rules.

Though,I have sorted out one solution using dynamic filter idea listed on below link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Dynamic-Filter/ta-p/9922

Attaching my solution where I am using formula instead of filter and passing the formula query string as input.

4.PNG

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@prachikini Glad you got it working! I have an idea posted that would add an eval function. You should "like" the idea if you think it could help you. In your case, you could do something like eval([Concat_Value]) and it would process the formula in that field.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @prachikini!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. Since you were able to solve the problem yourself, I've marked your post as a solution so that others can more easily find it.

Thank you!

Labels