Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to output python result into workflow

bbznyc
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone (again),

In my previous post I was finally able to call external python library and get a sample result.  My question is, how do I push the output from Python into my workflow?

I can't post a screenshot but the result, for example equals to 1.

Thanks,

B

7 REPLIES 7
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

You can read more here, but you'll want to use the Alteryx.write() function. This should output your results to the specified anchor.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers!

bbznyc
6 - Meteoroid

I should have seen that demo before posting - thank you for pointing in the right direction.  I was able to output a value through Alteryx.write() but when I attempt to connect a select tool, it says "you must select a field" but no field is available on the left.  I also get a random message in python on missing metadata.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Boris

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Hm I haven't encountered that. Could you provide a screenshot and some more information about the type of data you've output from Python?

I'll take a look and get back to you

bbznyc
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much.

I plan to speak with my SA tomorrow am and if I we won't figure this out, will come back here.

Mouniahmd
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue while trying the use the output of Python in the workflow. 

The output of the script is shown on the python tool but not in the workflow.

How do I push the output from Python into my workflow?

Thanks in advance

Error_alteryx_python.JPG

VincentT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

Not sure why it is so, but your screen shot says:

SUCCESS: writing outgoing data connection data 2.

Probably, your data is at output anchor #2.

Do check the results window for the python tool as well. 

Mouniahmd
5 - Atom

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.

I have checked all the output of Python tool, the results are nowhere.

Do you have an example of a workflow using the python tool output?

Regards

Labels