Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with simple app interface

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hi

I originally created my workflow to just have a file that a user has to manually update with the dates that the workflow relates to until I found out about the interface tool.

I haven't uploaded the whole workflow, but in the attached, what I would like to do is make sure the user selection overwrites the possible input values, and then a formula will then replace the values with the values that are needed within the workflow.

I have watched a couple of tutorials but I seem to miss some key steps and hoping someone can point me in the right direction please?

My workflow is based on financial period, so I want to the user to select the financial year - say FY17, then the formula I have come up with will change this to a date and then will be used in the rest of the workflow...but I can't get the interface to update the value so not sure what I am doing wrong!

Can you help please?

workflow.jpg

I have added a value within the text input value to show how the formula should work if the user selection bit works accordingly.  Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ck2019 ,

This is the wf updated. Better update it to have the date on a separate field given that you cant have strings and dates on the same column.

Update: Put a select between the find-replace and the formula tool and change the string value. Otherwise the date will be truncated.

cheers

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hey thanks for that @afv2688  I knew it'd be something simple that I was missing - the key bit was the update cell rather than selecting updating value. Thanks for your help; appreciate it.

Labels