Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formatting for Batch Macro Excel Output Sheets

macst245
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I have a batch macro which outputs each new table to a new excel sheet.  I am looking to format each of the sheets with the below formatting, is there a way to include the reporting tools in a batch macro so all the different excel sheets are formatted?  I have attached the Alteryx Package for this, and please let me know if more information is needed.  Below is the formatting I would need done:

Can the report be formatted so we don’t have to spend time opening columns in excel?  Can we make sure the columns are spaced out so the headers are all showing?

Can we have the header rows highlighted?

Can we have first column highlighted? 

Can we have the Metrics and Thresholds as percentages?

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@macst245,

Yes you can add table formating tool inside of the batch macro. And with a table tool you can the formating that you're looking for :

messi007_0-1648820959269.png

However in order to generate the Excel files you have to use a render tool.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

LogoPrime.png

macst245
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, I did try that, however when I added the table tool and the render tool, I kept getting an error.  Are you able to edit the workflow with the formatting table added in?

Thanks again!

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@messi007 Are you able to help with the above question?  I tried using the steps above but could not get the file to output.  

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@macst245  can you please elaborate more on what is the error you are getting.

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN  It's not an error that I'm getting, but I am just not able to output a file.  Are you able to download the package and see if you are able to do the above that @messi007 suggested?  Thanks in advance if you are able to try!

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@macst245  Understood.

I think you are using the normal output tool within your batch macro (In the attached package)

Please refer to this post below. @christine_assaad  and @pedrodrfaria have explained in detail about the possible solutions.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Formatting-Excel-Output-File/td-p/6867...

Hope this helps!

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN I have read through those posts, but they are using a single input file.  Should I replace my regular output file within my macro with a render tool?  

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@macst245  You can actually structure the batch macro to accept/process one file at a time.

And as described in the post i shared earlier you would need to use a combination of the Table tool and the Render tool to get the formatted output.

JagdeeshN_0-1649081101717.png

Hope this helps!.

Best,

Jagdeesh

macst245
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN  Thanks for the push on this, I tried putting the table and render tool inside the batch macro, but am now getting the below error when running my overall workflow.

macst245_0-1649082629653.png

Labels