Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First ever macro - need help building into my workflow please

squelchie
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm having a go at my first macro, shown below. The macro runs successfully on its own but I'm having trouble incorporating it into my workflow.

squelchie_0-1671458372399.png

I can't work out which input is which and apparently I've got a 'Control input' which I don't want.  How can I show the input and output numbers on the macro tool and remove the control input please?

squelchie_1-1671458799947.png

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@squelchie Alteryx supports several types of macros. It sounds like your macro may be currently set up as a Batch Macro, which requires a Control Parameter. You can change this in the Workflow Configuration by choosing Standard Macro. A standard macro processes data without iteration.

image.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @squelchie, looks like @MatthewO has you covered on getting rid of the control parameter anchor. With regards to labelling the anchors, you just need to click on the Macro Inputs/Outputs and fill in where it says 'Anchor Abbreviation', like so:

DataNath_0-1671459659496.png

In my main workflow you can now see I have my S and C inputs - you can use numbers as you mentioned (but the abbreviations can only be single characters):

DataNath_1-1671459695603.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

For your inputs, go to the macro input tools and enter an anchor abbreviation for each one.  These will appear when you add the macro to a workflow, showing you which is which.

Christina_H_0-1671459797017.png

Christina_H_1-1671459874194.png

squelchie
7 - Meteor

Thanks @MatthewO and @DataNath for such quick and helpful replies.  That's sorted me out.

Labels