Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First ever macro - need help building into my workflow please

squelchie
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm having a go at my first macro, shown below. The macro runs successfully on its own but I'm having trouble incorporating it into my workflow.

squelchie_0-1671458372399.png

I can't work out which input is which and apparently I've got a 'Control input' which I don't want.  How can I show the input and output numbers on the macro tool and remove the control input please?

squelchie_1-1671458799947.png

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@squelchie Alteryx supports several types of macros. It sounds like your macro may be currently set up as a Batch Macro, which requires a Control Parameter. You can change this in the Workflow Configuration by choosing Standard Macro. A standard macro processes data without iteration.

image.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @squelchie, looks like @MatthewO has you covered on getting rid of the control parameter anchor. With regards to labelling the anchors, you just need to click on the Macro Inputs/Outputs and fill in where it says 'Anchor Abbreviation', like so:

DataNath_0-1671459659496.png

In my main workflow you can now see I have my S and C inputs - you can use numbers as you mentioned (but the abbreviations can only be single characters):

DataNath_1-1671459695603.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

For your inputs, go to the macro input tools and enter an anchor abbreviation for each one.  These will appear when you add the macro to a workflow, showing you which is which.

Christina_H_0-1671459797017.png

Christina_H_1-1671459874194.png

squelchie
7 - Meteor

Thanks @MatthewO and @DataNath for such quick and helpful replies.  That's sorted me out.

Labels