Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Content Created Date via PowerShell

jason79121
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to pull in the "Content Created" date into Alteryx as I have a directory of over 30+ files and created a batch macro to avoid schema issues. One thing I need to do is perform trend analysis, in which I need the original day the file was created. At first, I tried using the "Date Created", but noticed that this is showing as the day that I downloaded the files from the internet which is not what I need.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the original Content Created date for files in a directory? I have tried a Run Command and it seems like it is not able to output the Content Created Date. I have been told PowerShell is an option and I do not have much experience there, so any suggestions would be welcome.

jason79121_0-1647457988181.png

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jason79121 

Try adapting the technique I used here to extract the Last Saved By field from an Excel file.  All MS Office docs use the same OpenXML format, so the technique of opening the file as a zip file and parsing the core.xml file should give you Content Created value as well.  You can use this link to find out more about the the OpenXML format

BTW:  You might have got an answer sooner if you had specified what type of file you were reading.  The more we know the faster we can help you!

Dan

Labels