Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel dummy data check

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Engineer,

I have one strict-formatted excel for client, there is some range for client data suppose A1: F20 ,  I need to check outside this range, if there is any white space and i need to identify it by knowing its location, for example is there is space at cell A35 and B50 I need to return  "A35/B50 white space" at some column. 

6 REPLIES 6
sparksun
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution for your reference,I use Null value checking in the sample,you may change it to whatever you want:

sparksun_0-1647943054724.png

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

@sparksun 

Hi Sparksun, I want to check if there is white space outside the data range, your solution is to check inside the data range, for below i wanna get A44 as my result

aeolus187_1-1648012592826.png

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@aeolus187 

actually @sparksun 's solution checks outside the range - in the example the range ends at 3, not 20 as you described.

Just change the value 3 to 20 in this filter:

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1648016598893.png

sparksun
11 - Bolide

My solution is ony a sample for you to understand how to build up the logic.

In my sample data,A1:C3 is the range for client data,I use filter tool to get only the data out of the range and check only Null data out of A1:C3.Based on this logic, you can make any change to match your own actual data.

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

@sparksun 

ok  I understand now thanks for the explaination

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

@sparksun 

by the way, can we have better way to define the data range instead of hard-coded below?

aeolus187_0-1648028558339.png

Labels