Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error using Microsoft ACCESS DB for input when using VBA function in Query

rfoster7
9 - Comet

Hello all, 

I am trying to pull data from a Query in a Microsoft ACCESS database. I have the ACCESS runtimes installed and I can pull from the database tables and other queries, but there is one query that is causing me problems. 

The Query in question uses a function from a VBA module called "Agents" The query works fine when running it in access, but when I try to pull the query in through an Alteryx Input, it can't seem to see the function. 

Specifically it gives this error: Error: Input Data (1): Error opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: Undefined function 'Agents' in expression.\3085 = -530123806

Here's some screenshots from ACCESS: 

The underlying table is tbl_shrinkDailyInterval

The query built on top the table is qry_staffRequired

The function is in the module mod_Erlang

rfoster7_0-1610649413479.png

Here you can see the Query calling the custom function Agents()

rfoster7_1-1610649516377.png

Runs fine in ACCESS

rfoster7_2-1610649568873.png

here's the start of the function

rfoster7_3-1610649612934.png

And here's what it looks lie in Alteryx

rfoster7_4-1610649691324.png

rfoster7_5-1610649714957.png

Unfortunately ACCDB are not valid filetypes to attach to a community post so I can't post the actual db. Hopefully someone has seen this before and might know how to use a VBA custom function from ACCESS in an input from ACCESS. 

Thanks, 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels