Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error saving workflows and Output Data tool

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

I get the following error when I try to save workflows 'Could not find a part of the path'

someotherguy_1-1656449592624.png

The output data tools give the following error when saving files to the network that were previously working fine.

Error: Output Data (189): Unable to Open archive for zipping: X:\xxxx.xlsx Can't open file: X:\xxxx.xlsx: The system cannot find the path specified. (3) 

Version: 2022.1.1.25127

Running Non-Elevated

Any Idea what is causing this issue?

Additionally the post button was grayed out for a significant portion of me creating the Subject, Body, and Labels.  Only after I refreshed the page and load the autosaved ticket was i able to click Post. 

Perhaps that why so many people are posting questions here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@someotherguy Sounds like the network file structure or permissions has changed I would double check the file path exists.

alishadhillon__
8 - Asteroid

Hi @someotherguy 

You could try to create a file path in a formula tool and then in the output, there is a tick box at the bottom called 'Take file/ table name from field' which you would select, and in the drop-down, select the field.

Take a look at the solution in this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-error-Unable-to-open-archive-fo...

Just to note, you would want to make sure that the file path is correct. I like to copy and paste it from my file directory just to be sure.

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt  The path exists because I can navigate to the file, open it, then get the error when I save.  Our IT said no permissions have changed.

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

The issue was caused by an accidentally started offline file share that was trying to sync a network directory to my local machine, the sync was started but immediately paused. A few days later IT changed some permissions that required admin access to disable the sync.  IT was not aware of anyone actually using offline file share on our network.

Labels