Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error on inserting data on a renderd Excel file

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

For some reports I need to insert a formatted disclaimer page in an Excel file and a second sheet with data. This data sheet is beging generated and the don’t want any formatting on it. In the screenshot below you see a demo of the situation. (Also included is the workflow….)

Kelkboom_0-1581586366083.png

The workflow runs fine. But when opening the Excel file it will give you an error.

Kelkboom_1-1581586366084.png

Kelkboom_2-1581586366087.png

If you select Yes it will open Excel and all the worksheets are available, but No data on the Data sheet.

Whats happening, and how can I solve this…….

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try writing a single row of data in your data sheet with the render tool and then overwrite the sheet with the output data tool. 

I posted something like this before for a similar problem, I'll dig it out and send it on

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

Thnx, Got it working like this,

Support error 1_1.PNG

but I need te be able to have the data sheet to be dynamic for each file. Is that possible in the Layout tool to get the sheet name from a dataset

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes.

Have a look at the attached workflow, specifically the config of the layout tool in front of the render tool.

Last option  -  Section Name: Sheetname

This means the sheet names in the Render output are take from the field Sheetname

DavidP_0-1581590171430.png

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

Thnx, I found the problem. I used the join tool where I had to use the Union tool with an extra field where I could group on. So now it works.

Support error 1_2.PNG

Labels