Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error on inserting data on a renderd Excel file

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

For some reports I need to insert a formatted disclaimer page in an Excel file and a second sheet with data. This data sheet is beging generated and the don’t want any formatting on it. In the screenshot below you see a demo of the situation. (Also included is the workflow….)

Kelkboom_0-1581586366083.png

The workflow runs fine. But when opening the Excel file it will give you an error.

Kelkboom_1-1581586366084.png

Kelkboom_2-1581586366087.png

If you select Yes it will open Excel and all the worksheets are available, but No data on the Data sheet.

Whats happening, and how can I solve this…….

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try writing a single row of data in your data sheet with the render tool and then overwrite the sheet with the output data tool. 

I posted something like this before for a similar problem, I'll dig it out and send it on

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

Thnx, Got it working like this,

Support error 1_1.PNG

but I need te be able to have the data sheet to be dynamic for each file. Is that possible in the Layout tool to get the sheet name from a dataset

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes.

Have a look at the attached workflow, specifically the config of the layout tool in front of the render tool.

Last option  -  Section Name: Sheetname

This means the sheet names in the Render output are take from the field Sheetname

DavidP_0-1581590171430.png

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

Thnx, I found the problem. I used the join tool where I had to use the Union tool with an extra field where I could group on. So now it works.

Support error 1_2.PNG

Labels