Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Plotting Multiple Functions Separately

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

I have multiple functions that I would like plot separately. In the attached example there are only three functions and I was able to separate them using multiple filters. How do I dynamically separate them since it is not always the case that I have only three functions. Sometimes there are thousands of them.

5 REPLIES 5
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @ahmedalra,

I would recommend converting this workflow to a batch macro. A batch macro essentially works like a for-loop, so it will be able to handle as many scenarios as you need. I've converted your workflow for you here to a batch macro, and have a separate workflow to test the macro. Let me know if this solves your issue!

Best,

mmenth

mmenth
11 - Bolide

For some reason it wouldn't let me attach the macro.. I've zipped the workflow so it should include the macro in this. If you open this workflow and right-click the macro tool (it's a blank circle) you can open the macro to view it.

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

This works perfectly. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

Is there any way to make all plots in one plot as multiple layers, and perhaps each one would have a different color?

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Technically it is possible with the interactive chart tool in Alteryx, but you would need to create a layer for each function and pick the color, there is not a way to simply group by function and have Atleryx select colors. If you want to avoid this manually step (since you were going to have potentially many functions, right?) I suggest using the R tool to create an R chart, or output just the data (and not the report) to make charts in another program.

Labels