Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download tool: Error transferring data: Failed initialization

Pingu
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I have a workflow that worked like a charm for the past 2 years to automatically retrieve status files from an sftp server.

Since a week I get the error " Error transferring data: Failed initialization" from the download tool. 

Any other software I use is able to connect to the sftp (like Filezilla) but Alteryx not anymore.

Searching the community I found the following topic; but it is 2 year sold. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-transferring-data-failed-init...

The 3rd party just confirmed they updated security settings. Is SHA2 still not supported by the download tool? Any of the workarounds I saw seem very complicated requiring python coding.

4 REPLIES 4
Pingu
10 - Fireball

Never was able to fix this issue. Will the new Alteryx be compatible with SHA2? (download tool)

Amadeu_gustavo
7 - Meteor

Had the same issue here. No updates about a fix up?

Pingu
10 - Fireball

Nope. I still have the same problem. Worked with internal IT and the partner who provides the SFTP, but they both say nothing is being blocked etc. Right now I am using a manual workaround which is very annoying.

Amadeu_gustavo
7 - Meteor

ya, I've done the same.
the workflows runs well when still stored in Gallery, but in Designer allways I have to work with python to get SFTP files. Hope someone from Alteryx find this topic.

Labels