Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display custom message on Alteryx Server

TandelGouravi
7 - Meteor

Hi All.

I am trying to display a custom message on the Alteryx server after a certain condition is met.

Using Message tool is helpful on the Designer but it does not work on the Server.

I have tried using the Output Message option available at the Interface Designer Setting Option but it is not of much help as my message is not a fixed message.

Thank Your for the help in advance.

Thanks and regards
Gouravi Tandel 

8 REPLIES 8
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What do you mean by "on the server"?  In the Gallery?  Is it an app?  Where "on the server" is the message to display?  What is the condition?  These answers may help in finding a solution.

TandelGouravi
7 - Meteor

Yes by server, I mean Gallery.

I need to prompt a message on the gallery after certain lines items do not pass through the filter tool. (The message can be : “Few files are not processed”) 

thanks 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I see.  I'm assuming someone runs the app in Gallery, and when the app is done, you want to display this message to them, correct?  If so, are there any files you are presenting to them as well?  Or is it just the message you want displayed (maybe "everything processed" or "a few files didn't")?

TandelGouravi
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Yes I need to display the message from the app once the run is complete.

the message should inform that the few files are not processed along with the location of the files.

thanks 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Okay.  Unfortunately there's no easy or obvious way to do this.  But, if you can get the workflow to produce exactly the message you want (probably by using a formula tool, a Count Records tool, maybe an Append Fields tool, etc., etc.), then we can get it to work.

What you'll want to do is get to a point where you have the workflow dynamically produce the message you want.  Then, feed that into a Report Text tool.  In that tool, you can use the "Available Fields" drop down to have it display your message.  Then, connect that to a Render tool and have it render to "...\Message.pcxml".  At the completion of the app, on-screen, it will display the message to them.

Something like the attached.

TandelGouravi
7 - Meteor

@mbarone 

It worked! Thank you:)

Thanks and Regards 

Gouravi 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Excellent, you're welcome!

ScottB1
6 - Meteoroid

That approach works well. Thanks for posting. However it gives the option to download what is basically a worthless file.

Do you know if it's possible to remove the download option?

And I'm assuming a better solution hasn't been developed by Alteryx yet.

Labels