Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTimeStart() giving multiple values with AMP

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I noticed today that DateTimeStart() can give multiple values if the AMP engine is on

OllieClarke_0-1674150657791.png

I've got workflows which use the datetimestart() function all based on the assumption that it will only return 1 value (as the documentation implies: ) 

OllieClarke_1-1674150817169.png

When AMP is off then I get the expected 1 value. 

Is this expected behaviour? And is there a better way of dealing with it than creating a single datetimestart() at the very beginning of the workflow and appending that where needed? Even with this approach, can we trust that it will return the correct value?

Cheers, 

Ollie

5 REPLIES 5
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you please share the version of Designer where it happened? I wasn’t able to reproduce it with the latest one.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nbondarchuk,

version 2022.3.1.395  I think it might be dependent on data size, so if you up the number of records generated that might swing it for you

OllieClarke_0-1675172044755.png

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for reporting an issue and for the workflow attachment. I was able to reproduce it too once I changed number of running threads. 

We will create a defect to fix it. The same behaviour you can see with the Original Engine as well when using same function several times in the workflow.

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

I’m happy to announce that the issue has been fixed in the 2023.1 GA Release version, which is available for download from our licensing portal. 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@nbondarchuk 👏👏👏

Labels