Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Custom header image does not render through email tool

ctmckay18
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I have what I believe is a fairly simple question, but am unable to troubleshoot.  Via the 'Header' tool, I'm adding a Custom Image which, downstream, I would like to include in email blasts sent out.  The native Alteryx image renders fine with the Email Tool, however, any custom images emailed come out the other end with a red X instead of the custom image I inserted.  Any insight is most appreciated :).  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ctmckay18 

The Report Header tools only offers the capability to read a file path to obtain the image. My guess is that the path you specified is not available at runtime so it is given you a "missing image" red X.In troubleshooting missing images, the two important parts to look into are 1) Which computer is running this? (yours locally, or is this run from server?) is the file path on a local/networks drive that's available to this machine? and 2) What user is trying to access this file? Keep in mind that if you're not running it, it could be the Alteryx Service credentials.

If you're running the workflow on your local computer and it's still not working, then it may not be a file reference issue. 

Alternatively, instead of using a Report Header tool, build that layout with other Reporting tools. There's nothing unique about the Report Header tool, and if you used the Image tool you could save a static image in the workflow (instead of referencing a file). 

ctmckay18
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS ,

Thanks so very much for the response!  That all makes perfect sense.  I'll mess around with it and update at a later time - thanks!

Labels