Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cross tab making columns unknown

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey guys.

My cross tab is bugging. For some reason it is making all my columns unknown. 

Joker_Hazard_0-1657492706889.png

I have another crosstab that works perfectly:

Joker_Hazard_1-1657492822124.png

Few keypoints:

- Both crosstab have data flowing through them
- There is no difference between them.
- I have already tried deleting and inputing another one.

Can someone help me pls?

6 REPLIES 6
FilipR
11 - Bolide

Both Cross Tab and Transpose tool will lose metadata (column names) when you edit something in the workflow leading to them. Re-run your workflow. You should see the column names again (unless there's an error before the data reaches the Cross Tab). Also, make sure there actually is any data flowing into the Cross Tab that is giving you issues.

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

@FilipR 

Interesting. However, I deleted crosstab tools and inputted new ones.

It worked for the first time, the second run it broke again. 

nlundgren
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Joker_Hazard - have any of your input files changed? If a field name has changed it might be showing you that error... i.e. if your input file was called "Data" and is now "Data (1)", etc., then it might not have the fields you had previously specified within that cross tab tool. 

If not - it looks like you have interface tools baked into your workflow. I wonder if something in the backend of those tools on the cross tab could be causing it? 

FilipR
11 - Bolide

@Joker_Hazard is there a macro in your workflow? If there is, please check if this is selected in the Interface Designer (inside the macro):

FilipR_0-1657549143567.png

Also, did you confirm there is data actually flowing into the Cross Tab tools that are giving you the error? I suspect the issue occurs before it reaches the tool.

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

@nlundgren Hey!

My data is coming directly from a dynamic input, from SQL table. It is also an APP, with calendar tool and multiple action tools.

Very interesting that IF I remove app tools, and input the dates manually on the scripts, the cross tab works and don't get lost.

I am very confused..

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

It is an application, with date and action tools. I will flag this anyway to check if it works!

Labels