Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating an Array

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Hello Guru, Alteryx is new to me. I need to build and output files that display only the 20 SAP equipment records. I have tried Content and Regex functions, and I am not executing nor outputting the file successfully.
I am used to using an "In the List" function, but I do not see such a function in Alteryx.

Example:

REGEX_Match([Equipment],'12253863') or
REGEX_Match([Equipment], '12297249') or
REGEX_Match([Equipment],'12326664')

5 REPLIES 5
Per
11 - Bolide

@lynettejackson ,

I am not quite sure I understand your input or expected output, but I will give it a shot:

If you have a table of data, and need to output a subset of that data, then you can either use the Contains() function for each of the 20 record types (if they are substrings), or you can have them as a list, and do a join with the original data (if you have the exact equipment types of course). Please see the mockup below. Will that solve your case, or did I misinterpret something?

Per_0-1606861234035.png

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much. You gave me additional alternatives.

I want to retrieve just 20 equipment record numbers of the 7,000 records from my input data file.

I attached a screenshot of the error message when I used the Contains elements with 3 out of 20 equipment record numbers.

Parse error at char(1): Contains requires 2 or 3 arguments.

Please review and advise what approach I am missing.

From my Input file I want to retrieve only 20 of the 7,000 records.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lynettejackson 

You need to split the contains.

Contains([Equipment],"12253860") 
or Contains([Equipment],"12253862")
or Contains([Equipment],"12253863")

Hope this helps 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lynettejackson 

You have multiple IDs to check with contains like this it suggestable to use a keys list and use Find and Replace like below

atcodedog05_0-1606919011992.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much your workflow worked for me.

Thank again.

Labels