Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating an Array

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Hello Guru, Alteryx is new to me. I need to build and output files that display only the 20 SAP equipment records. I have tried Content and Regex functions, and I am not executing nor outputting the file successfully.
I am used to using an "In the List" function, but I do not see such a function in Alteryx.

Example:

REGEX_Match([Equipment],'12253863') or
REGEX_Match([Equipment], '12297249') or
REGEX_Match([Equipment],'12326664')

5 REPLIES 5
Per
11 - Bolide

@lynettejackson ,

I am not quite sure I understand your input or expected output, but I will give it a shot:

If you have a table of data, and need to output a subset of that data, then you can either use the Contains() function for each of the 20 record types (if they are substrings), or you can have them as a list, and do a join with the original data (if you have the exact equipment types of course). Please see the mockup below. Will that solve your case, or did I misinterpret something?

Per_0-1606861234035.png

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much. You gave me additional alternatives.

I want to retrieve just 20 equipment record numbers of the 7,000 records from my input data file.

I attached a screenshot of the error message when I used the Contains elements with 3 out of 20 equipment record numbers.

Parse error at char(1): Contains requires 2 or 3 arguments.

Please review and advise what approach I am missing.

From my Input file I want to retrieve only 20 of the 7,000 records.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lynettejackson 

You need to split the contains.

Contains([Equipment],"12253860") 
or Contains([Equipment],"12253862")
or Contains([Equipment],"12253863")

Hope this helps 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lynettejackson 

You have multiple IDs to check with contains like this it suggestable to use a keys list and use Find and Replace like below

atcodedog05_0-1606919011992.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

lynettejackson
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much your workflow worked for me.

Thank again.

Labels